- Design of health questionnaires, clinical assessment questionnaires, design of relevant forms for accurate record keeping.
- 35 hours of observed clinical practice.
- Summative assessment of yoga therapy practice.
Assignments and exam
- Reflective observation of experienced yoga therapist.
- Scope and limitations of practice (project).
- Yoga philosophy in practice (written assignment).
- Legislation and business (written assignment).
- Applied Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology (written exam).
Home study programme
Completion of 3 individual case studies and 1 small group case study
What you will learn
- Exploration of specific health conditions that affect the body and mind.
- Psychology of wellness.
- Applying Dru energetic principles to design therapeutic programmes.
- Applying therapeutic Dru Meditation, mudra, visualisation and pranayama techniques tailored to individuals or small groups.
- In-depth principles of yoga philosophy applied to yoga therapy.
- Therapeutic application of the five kosha model, prana vayus and chakras.
- Exploring the relationship of yoga therapy with therapeutic modalities such as Ayurveda.
- Coaching and motivational approaches for working with people with a wide variety of needs.
- Goal setting with clients.
- Effective business planning and management.
7 x 4-day modules
2 x 6-day clinical practice modules
6 x individual tutorials